Jul 12, 2017 Downtown Baton Rouge
Downtown Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Sam and I decided to spend the whole day downtown Baton Rouge. We literally had no plans just parked and decided to figure things out as we go! If you know me I am definitely a planner so the whole laid back take things as they come is not in my personality but it was not so bad! There was a huge steamboat called the American Queen which I immediately knew I had to snap photos with it! Steamboats are so precious there is a steamboat dinner cruise in New Orleans that is definitely on my bucket list!
We then walked into the Belle of Baton Rouge Casino and stopped in for a day drink! Seriously the Louisiana heat is no joke. I got a blue long island and Sam decided to get one of the Belle of Baton Rouge’s speciality drinks both were awesome!
Then we toured the old state capitol, which was so neat to see Louisiana’s history. Plus the stain glass in the building is amazing work of art! Finally, we headed over to Pastimes and called it a day with some of the best pizza in Baton Rouge! We got half The Big Red One (pepperoni, oven roasted bell peppers, and homegrown tomatoes) and the other half The Bayou State Pizza (shrimp, gulf coast lump crab meat, and spicy crawfish layered over spicy red sauce and covered with green bell peppers, banana peppers and cheese). I’ll be linking pictures of the drinks and food on my instagram later this week so don’t miss out!
Fun Things to do in Baton Rouge in July:
- Restaurant week July 17-22, 2017! Restaurant week in Baton Rouge consists of 50 different restaurants serving a three course meal at a fixed price ranging from $15-40. I am already drooling already! I went last year and such a great experience and these are some of the best restaurants in town! Go to EatBR to find their menus of the different restaurants so you can find the best place for you! Plus, the appetizer, entree, and dessert are optional at every restaurant so you can pick one of your choice!
- Red Stick Farmers Market every Saturday 8am-12pm downtown Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I love that it features items such as fruits, vegetables, meats, and pastries that are all locally grown or cooked! Click here for more information!
- Popup Fest BR on July 29, 2017 10am-7pm at Capitol Park Event Center. Admission is free and is featuring different musical artist, food vendors, and local artists throughout the Baton Rouge area!
- Cane Land Distilling Company hosts tours and tasting Tuesday-Sunday! This has been on my to do list! You take a tour through their distillery and then sample their rum, vodka, and whisky. Must be 21 and older!
- Tour Louisiana’s old state capitol. Sam and I toured and it was beautiful and I always learn something new each time I tour there! Plus they were setting up for a wedding such a precious spot!
P.S. My top is from Francesca’s I love shopping there! Not available online but available in store! So if not near one I linked some below I thought were pretty similar!