Dec 16, 2020 The Best Soft Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Hey, guys I always get asked about these cookies I bake for any family event, graduation, and holidays! I feel in love with the chewiest cookies that just melt in your mouth and I was on the search for that one ingredient. Finally, I came across adding vanilla instant pudding to your cookies and it is a game changer! This recipe is super easy to make and great for those who love coffee and cookies in the morning at least I surely do! I also linked below a pastry bag decorating kit for those who are beginners. I did not use this particular one but I liked the fact it had a broad range of different icing tips for different pastries, which is a huge bonus! Hope you guys enjoyed and if you make the cookies tag me in your pictures would love to see some baked goods!
Disposable Pastry Bags (1 worked for me)
1 Silicone Baking Sheet
Star Cookie Cutter
1 Cup Butter
3/4 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup White Sugar
1 Package of Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
1 Teaspoon Mexican Vanilla Extract
2 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups of Chocolate Chips
1 can of white icing
1 pack of food coloring
1 container of sprinkles
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2) Soften the butter then in a mixing bowl add all ingredients from above together except for the icing, food coloring, chocolate chips, and flour. After all ingredients are well mixed. Slowly add in the flour until well mixed. Then, fold in the chocolate chips.
3) Add a ice cream scoop amount onto the silicone baking sheet. Honestly, you do not even need to spray the silicone sheet. The cookies do not stick once cooked they are easily removed with spatula. This sheet helps with clean up so much and is the best investment in baking. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
4) Once cooked put on cooling rack and allow ample time for the cookies to cool before applying icing! Since it is the holiday season I went with a star cookie cutter!
1) I ALWAYS use white icing (unless your buying chocolate) because I can use the food coloring to dye it many different colors!
2)Mexican Vanilla Extract-It does not make your recipe overbearing in vanilla. However, I find the quality of mexican vanilla extract to be finer than US produced also more budget friendly.
3) Use unsalted butter in your baking! I always stop to ask myself that because some baking recipes call for some salt. So to much salt can ruin a recipe.