26 Jul Natchitoches
Natchitoches, Louisiana | Sam & I visited family in Coushatta a VERY small town in northern Louisiana for my grandfather’s birthday! However, we spent a day on the town
- Shopping-My favorite store in Natchitoches is Merci Beaucoup. It is a gift shop with a Louisiana twist I linked pictures of their china above and love their seasonal picks, which are always the best! The store has southern charm and they have some of the best bridal china for those newly weds! Rose Cox the owner is super friendly and helps with floral arrangements and interior design! Cane River Kitchenware was another neat store in which they had aisles of kitchenware for every dish! I love the fact they had sections with different coffee beans, all the way down to baking dishes for all those pinterest pictures I try to bake, and loved the different cookie cutters! One of my favorite aspects of this store is they hold monthly cooking classes with a different theme each time how neat! Plus, in the pictures above they have refillable olive oils from Ariston! Linking it so you can take a look at their different olive oils! However, you can fill one glass dispenser and come back & refill it super eco-friendly! I also was sold on the Wind Willow jalapeno jack cheeseball and appetizer mix I sampled the product in the store and fell in love! All the mixes were amazing but I love a little spice in my dips! I bought the mix and made it at home such a great snack! It’s also great idea for game days when you want to bring an appetizer for tailgates and it’s only $5 for the mix so not bad!
- Restaurants-Sam and I actually ate at Mama’s Oyster House and Papa’s Bar and Grill on Front Street! We got the seafood platter definitely recommend if you do not know what you want to get on the menu! We always tend to choose this because it’s an easy split for two and we can try multiple things! Another great restaurant is Merci Beaucoup next to the gift store! A great range of Cajun and American food best known for their Natchitoche’s mini meat pies, cajun stuffed potatoes, and Louisiana’s sin bar (one of my top 5 favorite desserts chocolate galore) in Merci Beaucoup!
- Louisiana Sports Hall of Fame-If you are a fan of sports then this is a must! A museum that showcased Louisiana’s athletes and coaches from every sport! This museum had an interactive touch screen they sorted athletes based on sport or city! If you cannot stop by they have a virtual tour online so check it out! Plus, the museum showcases some of Louisiana’s history!
- Steel Magnolias- If you have ever seen the movie Steel Magnolia then it’s perfect to sneak a peek of the beautiful house! It is now a bed and breakfast, however; has tours throughout the home! This is one we did not get to stop at on our list but this is a must when we go back!
- Cane River Paddle and Pedal-The river is gorgeous and I noticed so many people were paddling boarding and jet skiing! You can rent kayaks and paddleboards! Such an amazing experience on the Cane River they also hold paddle boards yoga classes on the river and a fitness class! Definitely something on my bucket list when we go back!
- Also a great month to visit Natchitoches is during the month of December! On Cane River they have fireworks and Christmas lights! Over 300,000+ Christmas lights and close to 100 set pieces by the riverbank! I love to stroll Front Street during this time and Christmas shop, grab a warm hot chocolate and watch the firework show. Such an amazing experience!